Hostile Environment Awareness Training (HEAT)
Hostile environments can be hazardous and complex, high quality scenario training is key to resilience, survival & safety when deployed to danger zones.
HEAT - Hostile Environment Awareness Training
Our Hostile Environment Awareness Training (HEAT) course is a bespoke course designed for those working in the world's most challenging environments, whether you work for a media outlet, NGO, charity or the hostile security sector - our dynamic, fully loaded course will give you the knowledge to survive against the odds.
Including realistic hostage scenarios, navigation skills & casualty simulations this action packed course is designed to test and prepare the learner for deployment to the world's most dangerous places. Delivered at our highly adaptable training centre in southern Scotland we can simulate most scenarios to meet organisational needs.
We get you out into the rugged surrounding environments of our rural training centre and dedicate a full day of scenario led first aid training to prepare you for emergency medical situations, where you will learn to work in real time, out in the elements. Depending on area of deployment and threat level we can incorporate many elements based upon learner risk assessement and country specific hazards.
With our Soteria Risk Training HEAT course you get more!
- Diverse training grounds at our highly adaptable residential centre.
- Taught by ex armed forces personnel and military security consultants - fresh from decades of work in Iraq – our bespoke course is based on the internationally recognised UN model.
- Scenario based course.
- Hard copy and soft copy of course manual.
- Access to our Learner Family Trainer portal
- Soteria Risk Training T-shirt
Learners must be over 18 to take this course. This is an active scenario based course, so please ensure that you are physically able to participate. A good command of the English Language, both written and spoken is necessary.
Module I – Personnel deployed to hostile environments
- Awareness of threats, associated risks and personal security.
- Risk management process.
- Travel security, security procedures for vehicle travel, accommodation security
- Management of threats related to gatherings, protests, demonstrations, riots and civil unrest.
- Conflict management.
- Weapons, mines, improvised explosive devices (IED’s), and unexploded ordinance (UXO’s).
- Kidnapping, hostage taking and hostage survival.
- Module II- Situational training exercise (STX).
- Minefields, UXO’s, IED’s.
- Hostage survival.
- Team under attack.
- Module III – Medical training: Health maintenance on deployment.
- Basic life support in difficult field environments.
Module IV – Orientation and communications.
- Map reading and GPS Navigation.
- Means of communications and communication procedures.
Module V - Field training exercise.
Convoy navigation through hostile environments.
To secure your place on one of our courses we require a 25% deposit which will be taken at the time of booking. Once this is received you will be invoiced for the balance which must be paid at least 10 days before the course date.
We currently have no course dates booked at this time, you can still contact us to enquire when the next date will be or check back here soon.